Monday, April 12, 2010

that MOOD

Does anyone else ever get that mood where you really want to listen to music, but everything in your iTunes (yeah, after all the discussion we had, I still use iTunes) is NOT what you are after? Where you don't particularly feel like any of the artists you normally listen to, and none of the ones you've been checking out recently either?
You might be thinking, but Genvin, why don't you just check out the FIFTEEN ODD GIGABYTES OF NEW MUSIC that Stephen has given you? But alas, I wasn't particularly in the mood for hip new music.
Nor was I in the mood for anything particularly heavy, or dancey. I gave strange ambient/noise type background music a go, like THIS, but it wasn't what I was after either.
I considered generic pop music for about half a second before dismissing it.
Anyway yeah, that mood.
ISN'T IT THE MOST FRUSTRATING FUCKING MOOD IN THE WORLD?


I ended up listening to Sarah Blasko, which turned out to be exactly what I was after.

1 comment:

wolf said...

YES YES YES AGREE TO " FIFTEEN ODD GIGABYTES OF NEW MUSIC that Stephen has given you?"


...BUT ALAS. I JUST GET PISSED AND MY MOOD CHANGES