Saturday, June 13, 2009

Reiteration

The difference between good-looking and attractive is that the former is relatively objective while the latter is relatively subjective. I know that this doesn't actually make sense because opinions will differ on this subject, hence "relatively".
I'm going to say some things that might be disputed.
Good-looking, obviously, is based on physical beauty. My only criteria for a good-looking person comes from their facial structure. I say facial structure because "I LIKE UR FACE" sounds kind of terrible.
Any other criteria, such as body, would be used to judge hawtness, derived from sexual attraction. Like I said, I really don't care about hawt right now; sex is one of those things I don't really care about. So hawtness is irrelevant to me.
I don't know what constitutes being attractive. Perhaps it's a combination of being goodlooking and having a lovely personality. If that's it, then I suppose I'm weird, because I'm longing for a personality type that doesn't suit me at all, and the differences are so wide to me at the moment, it feels like I can't change myself enough.
It's such a cliche to be truly happy by staying true to yourself, and be accepted for who you are rather than for who you pretend to be. I don't think that's true.
Sometimes it's just easier to give up and try to conform, rather than find someone who suits you.

Though I said to be happy in your body rather than because of it, there should also be a mentality of self improvement; if you're not happy, you'll work harder to improve. That's my theory, anyway, and it doesn't apply to people who can't be bothered.

I love those anonymous comments that say nice things. Makes me wonder who's out there that likes to read what I write about myself. I do imagine they come from a girl.
If you want to know about me, first, you should realise that I talk about myself a LOT. I consider myself weird, in the most mundane way. I can't sustain a conversation simply because I'm not funny enough, or interesting at all. I try to be deep at the most inappropriate moments. Everything I do is calculated, yet it's all wrong.

Really, I wish I could be a nicer person. I wish I could be that guy that you love telling your friends about, that your friends like talking to. The guy you're not afraid to tell your parents about, the guy that can hang around your brothers and sisters and feel completely natural.
I know it's all so stupid, and, really, this should be the least of my worries. I should focus on my studies, but the temptation is here, now. And I know that however far I stretch, I can't reach it.
It's such a stupid distraction.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do peoples blogs reflect something that seems so intangible in real life?

everyone wishes to be perfect,
but maybe you should wait to find
that someone that loves everything
you find imperfect.

Unknown said...

People's judgement of attractiveness isn't less subjective than that of being good-looking; it's the actual distinction (or lack thereof) between the two which is subjective.

Kuoke said...

OH SHIT MY BRAIN EXPLODED.

through.rains.and.smiles. said...

WOOOOOOOW anonymous (Y)