Monday, April 26, 2010

why do the birds go on singing

57. As ridiculous as this sounds, I get a lot of my life lessons from the music I listen to. You might be thinking, Wow, that's probably why you're so fucking inept at handling things, but yeah.

This probably makes it even worse, but a lot of it comes from Deez Nuts. Not the bits about getting wasted and partying hard, just the 'STAY TRUE' and 'REP YOUR HOOD' bits.
LOVE
Yourself, your friends, your family
Love where you're at, but fight for where you wanna be
HATE
Anybody who won't show you respect,
Just remember, only give what you get
.. I am really, really lame.
Also, the whole All Ages mentality of supporting local talent is, I think, really great.

Also, Break Even's latest album, The Bright Side. This one line, off the top of my head:
Light up the sky,
Make the most of your life,
Coz I don't wanna grow old, with no stories to tell
Seems potentially cliche and potentially obvious, but I really think about those lines a lot, and wonder if I'm indeed lighting up my sky.

I can't really be bothered finishing this post or making it very detailed or interesting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi... ITS YOUR FUCKING YEAR 7 EX BESTIE. you are so deep on this blog:)