Sunday, July 18, 2010

It was flowing, although, sometimes I think you may have, too many, pauses. Which, when I read aloud, did disrupt ones line of thought.

I think you skilfully demonstrated the links between context and text, and how context shapes the meaning behind the text.
However, there is the slight feeling that you have alot of context embedded. I'm unsure how much is necessary.

You talk about explicitly conveying ideas, maybe it would be good to present an implicitly implied idea. It may show greater understanding and clarity between distinctions of the two.

Third paragraph ( regardless of ....) , in my opinion does not have substantial textual references.

You were also asked to talk about the play as a whole, not just the extract, and I didn't get any of that throughout the essay. Maybe a sentence or two here or there talking about the point of the play, what the ending means, does vivian find god? etc may also boost your demonstration to the inconsistent teachers your understanding between texts.



I have no standard to which I was comparing it to.. so I actually have no idea how well you would fare

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

what is this
gennys account