Saturday, July 24, 2010

day 28 - marsmatic 700

TINY NIB WTF
So I'm supposed to be doing Extension 2 at the moment, but I totally got distracted by this box sitting next to me housing a set of Staedtler Marsmatics, which, after doing running a from searches on the World Wide Web, I learnt were/are megamad tech-drawing pens. Opening the box, and discovered three pens: 0.5mm, 0.35mm, and 0.25mm but I looked closer at the 0.25 and found that it was in fact a holy jesus what 0.18mm. I read on one of the various mad Australian artist blawgs that they were using an 0.15mm, which is apparently like drawing with one pixel, so holy jeezus.
Unfortunately, since they used to belong to my dad and he hasn't touched them for years upon years, the inks run out, and a quick check of the ink container that came with it revealed that the ink had gone all gross and expired (?) and turned pus yellow. Bummer.

1 comment:

katie, said...

oh wow.
and all this time i've been writing with a 0.2mm.
i am definitely living under a rock.