Tuesday, June 22, 2010

day 15 - whatcha gonna do-oo-oo

Warm potato and kumara salad. In case you're wondering, that orange stuff isn't carrot - it's kumara, which is apparently what they call sweet potatoes in NZ.

ANYWAY, now that 2u is up, I have no more assessments for weeks (like, four). I guess I'm supposed to be using this time to prepare for the upcoming tasks - next task is English, and I suppose I'll actually have to put in some work this time if I wanna maintain my ultrapower rank - but tonight, at least, shall be spent laxing it up. Also I'm thinking of going to Newtown tomorrow evening to get my Tom Stoppard on with Vekdog and Ext 1 Boarder girls krew to see The Real Inspector Hound, which Fort Street is apparently putting on.
Meanwhile...

4. Spontaneous, poorly-planned trips to the city

Why this didn't suck: It did. I'm starting to realise that a lot of the things I had in mind when I decided to start the Things That Didn't Suck thing actually, in fact, DID suck.
On the fine day this particular photo was taken, Stephen, Dannis, Brian and I decided to run out to the city on Boxing Day in an attempt to rape the sales that pop up every year. As opposed to the fun-filled, foot-ache-inducing, impulsive day of shopping with frans that was expected, we ended up with matching blue singlets and very poor moods. Dannis and I even took the joke further by buying matching blue fluorescent blue shirts to wear underneath the singlets, because faggots have to come in pairs.

This day was probably even better - calling people to share bad quality jokes, bad moods, Dannis' insistence that we split some Chinese food with him, and his insistence on skating everywhere we went, including down a busy street, in the toilets, and in the cinema.


... Oh yeah, this too: Dannis eating a tiny banana we found in the gutter near Chinatown.

No comments: