Sunday, May 31, 2009

Houses

So my parents are always looking in the domain section of the newspaper, looking at houses to buy..

some of them good, some of them not so.

I don't really like the idea of living in my current house for any longer than I have to ( like, after I have a steady job), simply because it's just not nice..

Anyway, I've always imagined myself living in a house I designed and built.
Its gotta be light, white walls in the lounge - except for one, which would be the back wall. A feature wall painted black, or a deep rich purple. Maybe not painted at all but rather a synthetic, textured in black/brushed metal fashion.

Furniture, a common theme, either bright colours, for armchairs and seats.. although browns would also suit. countertops and tables be white or in combination with glass. handles are brushed aluminium, straight lines, not curved. two storey, windows as walls looking out into a sizeable tree, sunlight filtered through looking out into the street. 4 bedroom and study, home theater and twin garage. 2 complete bathrooms, family kitchen.

I dunno.. just something really....uplifting in the day, bright and spacious. But at night, rooms shrink down to a level of cosiness, warmth and relaxation.

2 comments:

C. said...

nice. i feel cosy already.

Kuoke said...

You've inspired me to blag my own dream house.

Also, 1000 page count views.