Friday, March 4, 2011

nobody but you

It's only felt like a few days (and really, it only has been a few days), but the first week of uni is over already. I'm not sure if I should blame this on my doing an Arts/Media degree, or on the fact that I'm just a dickhead, but whilst all my other friends seem to be resignedly shifting back into a sensible study routine to keep up with their shit, I'm sitting around trying to figure out a suitable day to watch MVP2: Most Vertical Primate, a DVD I bought today from some Asian video store about an ape who learns to skate. Here is a quick runthrough of what I've been getting up to this week.

HANGMAN.
If you're gonna be lecturing on something as totally lame-o as Media Industry Contexts, you're gonna want to make it as interesting as possible, so I'm gonna assume my lecturer just wasn't trying the other day. Wasn't a problem though; it turns out dicking around with Hangman is a totally deece way to kill time in such situations. Double-deece if you're immature like me and still think "If you read this, you're gay" is still funny. Also, pretty sure Jess deserves a round of applause for managing to guess the whole phrase with only one incorrect letter.

DRAWING PICTURES OF SHIT
Hey, I totally forgot to mention. I somehow managed to enrol myself in a design course - web design, to be specific - without even realising! Turns out whenever people (Katie) told me that I should read over stuff like course outlines instead of blindly jumping into whatever I felt like, they were totally right. On the other hand, this totally gives me a very poor excuse to start drawing things. During lectures. Not particularly good things, but who wants real artistic skills when you can have none?

DICKING AROUND WITH PHOTOBOOTH

... This is pretty self-explanatory.


PS. I just took a quick check up on MVP2. Turns out it's sitting at 2.8/10 on IMDb, so I guess I'm in for a pretty neat ride.

No comments: