Monday, August 17, 2009

This relationship has turned to nothing.

Wish upon a shooting star for a heightened contemplation of suicide.



blah blah.
So today was again one of those days where it just doesn't go as well as you might want it to.
I woke up at 6:56 to be precise, due to my erratic sleeping pattern and false faith in the alarm.
The alarm was set to 7am, for weekends. One entire hour later than usual.. which inevitably caused a shithouse morning.

Today I decided to check up why I got 7/15 for my speech. I guess I am still recoiling from the fact that I have an excellent track record for speeches. Her consultation was.. somewhat brief. She simply re-instated what little she wrote on my feedback sheet. I got what I wanted though, which was confirmation of what I already knew was wrong with my speech. She said that my links weren't clear enough, and that most of the time ( although I had great pace, tone etc.. ) she couldn't make out what I was trying to get at.
To be honest, I'm exaggerating my devastation at this mark. Sure, when I got it, I was extremely cut. But when I wrote it, I knew that I wasn't going to get very high. I knew that the text I had chosen was a hit or miss. So really, to those of you who offered support and " re-evaluations " I thank you. But this wasn't totally undeserved. To put it into perspective to those of you who were expecting something great again like last year, although I wrote it the night before, I did start notes a week in advance. Hence a relatively high 19/20. I cannot say the same about this task.

In other news, I am well. Jana pulled out a white hair today...one of the many I seem to be getting these days. French is going well. I think 80% is achievable with a little more work ethic. haha.. looking back at the start of the year, I still in the same position as I was all throughout my school career. Cramming for tests the night before, angsty in every way possible, over analysing and always on the verge of giving up.
Infact, I am quite the coward. Afraid of the rejection, seeing through the ignorance with might have granted me peace. Today was a horrible mistake.

Quyen...you might just get $50 after all =X

No comments: