Saturday, September 25, 2010

DESTROY

Not that this means anything to anyone, but to anyone who does, PLEASE STOP SAYING '[THING] PISSES THE SHIT OUT OF ME' BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Trying to combine 'pisses me off' and 'the shit out of' really, really doesn't work.

In other news, yesterday, Stephen went through the UAC guide with a red pen and scratched out anything that would never possibly apply to me and my future, like sciences and commerce and, as it transpires, literally everything that isn't journalism. Too bad I'm not even that excited about it - I'd be the shittiest journalist ever (actually, 'As if, I'd make the shittiest [x] ever' is turning into a pretty common response when people ask me why I don't try something else). The only other thing that really caught my eye was linguistics, which I think would actually be pretty interesting, but in terms of careers involving linguistics, shit is mostly dry.

AND JUST IN CASE ANYONE DIDN'T KNOW, OFFICEWORKS DOES PRINTING FOR 8c A PAGE, OR 6c IF YOU GET 500 PAGES DONE. ALSO PHOTOCOPYING FOR 8c.

8 comments:

dannwas said...

How much for colour printing?
Damn, i was there today

I don't have anything important to say but I'll pretend like i do zzz. said...

um HELLO. its figurative! PUHLEASE. Also 8cents is a LOT.

genvinout said...

... wait, what?

I don't have anything important to say but I'll pretend like i do zzz. said...

Figuartaive - words are no use getting pissed off over.

8cents- imagine printing like 1000 pages...

$80. OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't have anything important to say but I'll pretend like i do zzz. said...

*figurative.

katie. said...

why doesn't it work?
confusion.

also, after 1000 pages, it's 4c.
which isn't bad at all for 1000 pages.

it's also really quick.
and holy moly, i really like freshly printed sheets of paper.

genvinout said...

it doesn't work coz what you actually mean when you say 'that pisses the shit out of me' is 'that pisses me off a lot'

in 'that pisses the shit out of me,' the second half - 'the shit out of me' - is used as an intensifier. HOWEVER, if you take out the intensifier, you'd be left with 'that pisses me,' which doesn't actually make sense. no one says 'Goddamn, this weather pisses me!'

genvinout said...

also Dannis I don't know how much colour is